Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbackup puredisk 5000 migrate clients

mgambetti
Level 4
Partner

hi!

i am in charge of installing the new puredisk 5000 appliance in an existing puredisk enviroment (1 pd 6.6.1 srv vm esx version with a lot of agents!) without losing existing backups.

i am confused about best practice to do it, if it is better to add the new 5000 as a content router/storage pool to the existing puredisk, or to install it as brand new puredisk appl. server and redirect all the pd existing clients to the new appliance.

i would prefer the second option (always better to start from a clear situation :) but in this case how can i redirect all my pd clients and agents and policies to the new 5000 appliance?

thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Mayur_Dewaikar
Level 3
Employee

Hi There,

Per the best practices, it is recommended that legacy software only installs of PureDisk should not be combined with the NBU 5000 appliances. This is mainly to avoid software version mismatch. I would recommend starting your new backups to the appliance and letting the versions on the software only deployment expire over time.

mgambetti
Level 4
Partner

so symantec support is saying that the ONLY solution is to REINSTALL a thousand clients from old to new puredisk? no way to migrate them?

Mayur_Dewaikar
Level 3
Employee

PureDisk software and the NetBackup 5000 appliance are separate products and in order to avoid mismatch of software versions and code bases, it would be best to not mix the legacy PureDisk install with the appliance install (including client sofware).