Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one to many auto image replication

anishC5
Level 5
Partner Certified

hi all,

I have 3 master servers.

All NBU appliances. 1 at primary site and 2 at secondary site. say for eg: svr1-primary site, svr2-secondary site, svr3-secondary site.

now the AIR is configured between svr1 and svr2. i want to configure svr3 in such a way that any new clients configured on svr1 replicates both svr3.

Should i configure svr3 as media server to svr2 as master or should i configure svr3 as a separate master altogether?

If there are any technotes or documents that can help me, please provide the same.

Thanks, Anish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

AIr works based on NetBackup domain to netbackup domain even though it is actually configured media server to media server

So in domain 1 srv 1 has the credentials for srv 2 added to allow AIR - if you also add srv 3 as well then when jobs run on srv 1 they will go to srv 2 and srv 3 as you cannot select which one they go to - only "remote master"

You can do 1 to many or many to 1 but cannot target otehr domain specifically because once the remote domain is added to a local servers storage server properties it will duplicate to all those listed

With 7.6 this changes to allow you to target AIR to which ever domain you want it to go to.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

It is not easy to target AIR in NetBackup 7.5 but this has changed in 7.6 which allows you to specifically target master servers using AIR

So if you have 3 Master servers and already have AIR working for two of them

So to use the third in the way you want will not work as it will replicate to both at the same time

You can do SRV2 to SRV1 and SRV3 to SRV1 but not SRV1 to SRV2 for some clients and SRV1 to SRV3 for other clients

You need to get to 7.6 first to get this ability

anishC5
Level 5
Partner Certified

hi Mark, what if i want to configure svr3 as a media server to svr2(Master). Will that serve my purpose please?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

AIr works based on NetBackup domain to netbackup domain even though it is actually configured media server to media server

So in domain 1 srv 1 has the credentials for srv 2 added to allow AIR - if you also add srv 3 as well then when jobs run on srv 1 they will go to srv 2 and srv 3 as you cannot select which one they go to - only "remote master"

You can do 1 to many or many to 1 but cannot target otehr domain specifically because once the remote domain is added to a local servers storage server properties it will duplicate to all those listed

With 7.6 this changes to allow you to target AIR to which ever domain you want it to go to.