Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Hardware ShowHealth" get info

Arturo_Lopez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I'm triying to get the info of the output from Hardware ShowHealth but I couldn't with a "expect script" because I have problems with the output on the screen.

Anyone knows how to get the info about all the hardware status of the appliance to try to integrate with a monitoring tool?

Regards

5 REPLIES 5

Arturo_Lopez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello,

Some help?

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Sounds to me like trying to re-invent the wheel.  Why not setup hardware alerting from within the appliance ?  And other areas can be monitored, and alerted by OpsCenter.

For SNMP, SMTP and AutoSupport, see:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/118608033-130448966-0/v80731656-130448966

Arturo_Lopez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

The problem is that the monitornig tool doesn't support SNMP. We have configured the alerts by mail, but I'm triying to integrate the info of the output directly via script or something.

Apart of this.... The problem is that the monitorings tools that have Veritas are a little bit poors and the views have the same problem.

I would like to know which is the script that prints the output to get the info directly and not use the CLISH.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

I guess you'll have to drop to bash, and then inspect the admin user record and follow the logon path and work your way through all of the called and callable points... to locate the routine or script that gathers, munges, and reports the show health. I would have thought that many of the routines will rely upon all sorts of variables and paths and files and user meta-data.

Krutons
   VIP   

They so @sdo I spent a little bit of time trying to back trace it and quickly realized that it's either not going to be possible or you will spend an exorbitant amount of time that could be better spent elsewhere.