Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reset the appliance password

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi all ,

I need to know if any one can share with me how to reset the appliance 5020 or 5220 password in case if it was forgetten ?

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Have you sorted this yet?

The appliance is a little like an operating system (well it is an operating system!) so if you do not know the login you have problems

There are really only two uses as such on the appliance - admin for which i gues you have lost the password, and sysadmin which by default the password is P@ssw0rd (but that depends on which appliance and which version you have as sysadmin also used to have the password of netbackup

I would log a call to see if they can help you out if you have not already resolved it

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6

It seems that this is so complicated!!!

Any update!!!

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Screaming at everyone over a weekend is not going to help you in any way....

Best to log a support call when you need urgent help.

psj_symhelp
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6

Thanks Marianne for your effort .

Also thanks to symhelp : here the password was changed and after that the backup failed .this mean that you can log into the appliance to update the password for the storage server.but what i'm looking for is that i could not able to log into the appliance

Regards

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Have you sorted this yet?

The appliance is a little like an operating system (well it is an operating system!) so if you do not know the login you have problems

There are really only two uses as such on the appliance - admin for which i gues you have lost the password, and sysadmin which by default the password is P@ssw0rd (but that depends on which appliance and which version you have as sysadmin also used to have the password of netbackup

I would log a call to see if they can help you out if you have not already resolved it

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6

Thanks Mark.

I dont have an issue with forgetten password now but it happened months ago with the customer's appliance (5020) , and it took more than two months to solve the issue from symantec .it was done totally from OS level and seems that they used some scripts to reset the password but unfortunatly they didnt share with us this script.

appliance 5020: username :root  , password: P@ssw0rd

username :sysadmin: P@ssw0rd (was changed and forgetten)

the problem was here as much i remember that could not log using sysadmin!!

appliance (5220)  username :admin , password ; P@ssw0rd

I believe that some scripts can be used to change the password of appliance from OS not netbackup itself

Regards,

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

OK - guess i can understand them not sharing the details - would add a security issue to the appliances if it was common knowledge!