cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sisipsoverride.sh failing

nholtz
Level 4

Newly implemented Veritas 5250 appliance running NBU 9.1.0.1

I have need to test connectivity outside the admin GUI (bptestbpcd, for example) which I assumed I could do via the sisipsoverride.sh method, but I'm (now) getting the following (From Support> Maintenance:)

maintenance-!> /opt/Symantec/sdcssagent/IPS/sisipsoverride.sh
Symantec Data Center Security Server Policy Override

Agent Version: 6.9.1 (build 505)
Current Policy: NetBackup Appliance Prevention Policy, r206
Policy Prevention: Disabled
Policy Override: Allowed
Override State: Not overridden

Prevention is off without having been overridden; the applied policy may have
prevention disabled.
Cannot override since there is no prevention.
maintenance-!>

If I try to run bptestbpcd from there, I get this:

maintenance-!> bptestbpcd -client vswinces-dev01b-bck -verbose
bptestbpcd: must be superuser to execute
maintenance-!>

What policy do I have to enable to get to CLI superuser access?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nholtz
Level 4

OK, I just noticed I may have been omitting the 'elevate' command at the end?  Because I thought the sisipsoverride.sh was failing (not failing because no override prevention?)

If I add that, I get to (what I believe is) the linux CLI (server:/home/maintenance # prompt)

Am I leaving my appliance at risk if there is no override prevention?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

nholtz
Level 4

OK, I just noticed I may have been omitting the 'elevate' command at the end?  Because I thought the sisipsoverride.sh was failing (not failing because no override prevention?)

If I add that, I get to (what I believe is) the linux CLI (server:/home/maintenance # prompt)

Am I leaving my appliance at risk if there is no override prevention?

Hi @nholtz 

Yes it does leave the appliance more at risk. I'd suggest you log a support call to find out why this is the case and get it addressed. 

As for what you are trying doing, the textbook way to do what you want (run bptestbpcd etc.) is to create a NetBackup CLI user (Manage -> NetBackupCLI -> Create <user>), and then log in with as that user. In theory, you shouldn't be using the override without the help of support. 

Cheers
David