cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

syslog redirection from NBU appliance

lt13624
Level 4

Hi All,

Has anyone ever redirected syslog to an external collecter on Netbackup Appliances. I have seen that in the /etc/sysconfig/syslog.conf file that you can put in an external IP address but I wondered if this was the correct way of doing it or is there something else I should be looking at?

We have tried to configure but we are not getting the syslog message through to the external server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I think you would need to raise these questions with support to see if any such changes would be supported .. it is SUSE Linux so you should be able to do it in practical terms but would want verification that it woul dnot affect your support or warranty if you do it

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

lt13624
Level 4

Also, how can I redirect any audit information to a collector such as Huntsman?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I think you would need to raise these questions with support to see if any such changes would be supported .. it is SUSE Linux so you should be able to do it in practical terms but would want verification that it woul dnot affect your support or warranty if you do it

lt13624
Level 4

Just as an update. Symantec support have told me that there is no way to do this.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

why would you need syslog to be redirected?

you can get NBU audit report using CLI

appliance also periodically updates call home servers on health and also to admins

there is SCSP logs you can keep for audit perspective.... 

i feel NBU appliance has been hardned alot at core levels due to fact no third party or external customization or link is allowed to read data out of it.

lt13624
Level 4

We are operating a secure government infrastructure. All syslog information is collected by an audit collector and interegator called Huntsman. All syslogs are re-directed to Huntsman and "swept" for keywords. We wanted the syslog and audit info so that we can see when someone initiates a restore for example.  We have no call home due to security.