cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgradestatus message "stuck"?

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

Okay, true confessions time.  I still have a 5200 in production at our DR site.

Can't upgrade it to 2.7.x, but I thought I'd hit 2.6.1.2 so I could put the security hotfix on.

Upgrade failed - no mystery - a space issue.  Clearing out space, support hleped me reallocate, want to try upgrade again.

HOWEVER, in the clish, when I'm in

"Manage" → "Software" → "UpgradeStatus"

it says

Failed to create the pre-upgrade checkpoint. Kindly contact Symantec technical support.

There's no upgrade running right now.  Positive of it, even rebooted the box.  Pretty sure some marker or file got left behind, and would like to clear it out so I can get honest results when I try the upgrade again.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciate.  smiley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Lynne,

I managed to find one link that may be of use to you, one of only a few hits, and the only one that seems of any real help:

http://www.veritas.com/community/forums/facing-issue-5230-appliance-upgrade-failed-create-pre-upgrad...

This shows how and where to check for the checkpoint files, as well as some other space related issues that may cause this.

Hope this helps you, otherwise it's off to Support you go :)

Steve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Lynne,

I managed to find one link that may be of use to you, one of only a few hits, and the only one that seems of any real help:

http://www.veritas.com/community/forums/facing-issue-5230-appliance-upgrade-failed-create-pre-upgrad...

This shows how and where to check for the checkpoint files, as well as some other space related issues that may cause this.

Hope this helps you, otherwise it's off to Support you go :)

Steve

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

Hey Steve... 

Thanks so much, and I bow to your superior Googling skills, cause hey, I thought I looked.

That is a big help!!  Site is down for electrical maintenance right now, so can't verify.   And you're right, if that doesn't help, I will have to call support.  Just that I've called so often lately, was almost getting embarrassed.