cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aptare DB upgrade

Chrisw74
Level 2

A previous team member of mine did an Aptare upgrade from 10.2.01 P4 to 10.3.00 P9 (Portal server is Windows). The app is working fine.

I have noticed our Oracle DB is still on version 11.2, which seems very old to me, so I am not sure if the upgrade that was done never attempted to upgrade the DB. My understanding is that for 10.3.00 P9 we should be running Oracle DB 12.2.

The "APTARE IT Analytics Installation and Upgrade Guide for Windows" states that for installs first "sc_dbinstaller_<versionNumber>_win.exe" must be run to install the DB and then for the portal "sc_installer_<releaseversion>_win_<MMDDYYYY>.exe" must be installed.  

But in our case we were doing an upgrade not an install, and the upgrade section of this document only mentions installing "sc_upgrader_<releaseversion>_win_<date>.exe", and no errors are seen in the upgrade log (also no mention of installing Oracle DB 12.2/12c).

Is something wrong here or is this normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chrisw74
Level 2

Logged a Veritas case. Turns out somehow over the years our DB version and App version drifted apart. We had to backup DB and App, uninstall it all and then reinstall it. Now we are current.

Had to install 10.3 (Oracle and Aptare), then upgrade to 10.3 U9, import DB from backup and then rerun the 10.3 U9 upgrade script which does a lot of checks and fixes to make sure the import was successful. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Chrisw74
Level 2

Logged a Veritas case. Turns out somehow over the years our DB version and App version drifted apart. We had to backup DB and App, uninstall it all and then reinstall it. Now we are current.

Had to install 10.3 (Oracle and Aptare), then upgrade to 10.3 U9, import DB from backup and then rerun the 10.3 U9 upgrade script which does a lot of checks and fixes to make sure the import was successful.