cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone installed PD6.6 yet ?

Even
Level 5
Partner Accredited
I'm trying to install the 6.6 using the web-installer.   The installer can't see my disks (internal) or a diskgroup. - Have tried with/whitout volumes and dg's made by YaST/CLI. 
Further continuing the web-installer...   Implementation Status,   Installation Status...

+ Checking the content of 'topology.ini'...
+ Performing installation environment sanity check ...
Deploying public key to pd1.elab.local, please provide root password if prompted.
ssh: pd1.elab.local: Name or service not known

...any ideas anyone?
3 REPLIES 3

skarve
Level 4
Certified
 Hi Even,
   I have installed the application and is running fine. Are you installing on virtual machine? and have you created the disk group and was it recognized by the Installer GUI?

Thanks
Sumeet.Karve

Even
Level 5
Partner Accredited
No, not on a virtual machine.
I have tried all possible combinations of creating and destroying Vols and DG with WebInstaller, YaST and CLI.
The web-installer does not see my disks (internals).
- My guess is that this is a similar issue as found in 6.5.1.2,  - when YaST and CLI tells you different things. Try delete/destroy disks in a dg or the whole dg and inialize it again...  

teiva-boy
Level 6
 I had this problem once, it seemed I needed to manually create DNS records for the host both fwd and reverse...  For some odd reason after that, it all worked, and this was just local storage!