Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up clustered servers in PureDisk 6.6.1

Spartacus81
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Guys,

i have purdisk 6.6.1 PureDisk enviornment which is backing up 20 remote sites across Asia. I have a requirement to backup the clustered servers now.. i know how it works in Netbackup; you installed agent on both active and passive node and tell Netbackup the cluster name to back the cluster up. but how can we backup cluster in puredisk.. i have installed Puredisk agent on both active and passive node but during the install it runs the registration process and the client get registered with the node..

we can setup the backup on both nodes as they both using the shared storage and activate the bacukp only the ACTIVE node but that doesnt seem logical; if the cluster failover my backup would fail..

any suggesstion would be appreicated..

4 REPLIES 4

MilesVScott
Level 6
Certified

We used to have a clustered SQL environment (migrated it to VMware for HA). We didn't do backups from the Physical node. We installed the NBU client on the logical Resource and that allowed for success even after fail overs. I hope that helps.

Spartacus81
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks MilesVScott. But my question is how can i backup the clustered servers using PureDisk?

MilesVScott
Level 6
Certified

Well it depends on what you are trying to capture. If you just need the data on those servers the logical OS is where I would install the client. From there just set the policies STU to a PureDisk pool(or if applicable an SLP using the PDDO).

Spartacus81
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks Miles.. but am not using Puredisk disk pool in Netbackup. am using PureDisk that has direct attached storage and has web interface.. i will speak to my customer and see if the cluster name in their enviornment has any logical OS. if yes than that should be relativley straight forward...