cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR backups fail 26% , pg_dump: SQL command failed

S_Williamson
Level 6

Hi

We have had this frustrating issue for a month or more now one one of our SPA's and we have a active case logged but still no resolution. 

When we try to a Full or Incr DR backup , it nearly always fails at 26% mark with the following error.

[2011-Apr-21 07:35:36 WST]backupDatabase: Executing => su pddb -c "/opt/pddb/bin/pg_dump -Fc -b mb" | /opt/pdag/bin/nbpde -P PureDisk_DataStore -p "/PDE/META/0/2100/2100000000/mb/20110421072958/4" -d "DB mb" -k "20110421072958" -C "backupserver.com.au" -backup
*** Error Message ***
shared.disasterrecovery.2190
severity: 6
server: 2100000000
source: DRBackupMetaBaseEngine_DRBackupMetaBaseEngine
description:
 Failed to backup database => pg_dump: SQL command failed
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  cache lookup failed for index 70653544
pg_dump: The command was: SELECT t.tableoid, t.oid, t.relname as indexname, pg_catalog.pg_get_indexdef(i.indexrelid) as indexdef, t.relnatts as indnkeys, i.indkey, i.indisclustered, c.contype, c.conname, c.tableoid as contableoid, c.oid as conoid, (SELECT spcname FROM pg_catalog.pg_tablespace s WHERE s.oid = t.reltablespace) as tablespace, array_to_string(t.reloptions, ', ') as options FROM pg_catalog.pg_index i JOIN pg_catalog.pg_class t ON (t.oid = i.indexrelid) LEFT JOIN pg_catalog.pg_depend d ON (d.classid = t.tableoid AND d.objid = t.oid AND d.deptype = 'i') LEFT JOIN pg_catalog.pg_constraint c ON (d.refclassid = c.tableoid AND d.refobjid = c.oid) WHERE i.indrelid = '36712463'::pg_catalog.oid ORDER BY indexname
FAILED: BSAEndTxn() returned: The transaction was aborted.

We have re-indexed the Database, Run Recover CR several times, Changed backup times and expanded the Storage partition so there is 5TB free space  but nothing seems to work. There definately seems to be a Database issue. Its SAN attached disk so we dont think transfer rates are the problem.

Has anyone else had similar issues and if so how did you resolve, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

S_Williamson
Level 6

This issue looks to be resolved. Its too complex to detail here but basically a corrupt Data Selection within the main Database was the cause.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

S_Williamson
Level 6

This issue looks to be resolved. Its too complex to detail here but basically a corrupt Data Selection within the main Database was the cause.