cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Puredisk has Multple streaming option..??

ambad_vilas
Level 3

Hi friends,

In our PureDisk setup, i can see only one backup job runs for one client at a time. The next job starts after the completion of first one.

Is there any option to run multple backup selection templates at a time for same client. (Such as we have multistreaming option in Netbackup)

thanks,

Vilas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

S_Williamson
Level 6

I am pretty sure the answer to Vilas question is no you cant. The Multiple stream option breaks down a single backup job into multiple streams (I default to 4) but effectively 1 job is running at a time Per Server/Client.

SO if you have 3 data selections for 1 server/client only 1 data selection will run at a time. Each data selection will then be broken down into X number of streams (as you specify on the Parameters Tab)

This is meant to be faster where you have good fast links (from memory).

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AAlmroth
Level 6
Partner Accredited

PureDisk agent uses 1 stream per default.

You can change this behaviour in the Policy. On the Parameters tab you can alter the value for number of backup streams. You can also do the corresponding for restores.

/A

S_Williamson
Level 6

I am pretty sure the answer to Vilas question is no you cant. The Multiple stream option breaks down a single backup job into multiple streams (I default to 4) but effectively 1 job is running at a time Per Server/Client.

SO if you have 3 data selections for 1 server/client only 1 data selection will run at a time. Each data selection will then be broken down into X number of streams (as you specify on the Parameters Tab)

This is meant to be faster where you have good fast links (from memory).

Simon

ambad_vilas
Level 3

Hello Williamson,

Thanks for understanding my question and the accurate answer.