cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 83 after server reboot,

kybeer
Level 5

When I reboot my NBU 7.5.0.5 on Win2008R2 with MSDP, immediatly after the server is online, and a backup job is scheduled, I get error 83 on that job. If I retry the job a few minutes after the jobs runs just fine. I have seen this behaviour more than once, right after the server reboot.

Error 83 seems to indicated that the MSDP disk pool is not ready. Could it be that the scheduler starts the job defore the Dedupelication Engine or disk pool is ready?

The only thing in Reports - Problems related to this is:

2013-09-25    11:32:08    SERVERNAME     Warning    0    33280    Volume POOLNAME:PureDiskVolume monitored by SERVERNAME is down                nbemm

Is there a better way to monitor? the spoold log file does not have any ERR logged during the time interval, only INFO.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirtualED
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

That is because your Storage Server is not fully online when it comes up.  There is a period where it is loading the cache on the deduplication location.  This can take a short period of time, or a long period of time depending on circumstances.

This may help:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH156743

You can run the following to check if the load completed:
# grep "Storage Cache Manager: cache load completed" /<msdp_location>/log/spoold/spoold.log

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

VirtualED
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

That is because your Storage Server is not fully online when it comes up.  There is a period where it is loading the cache on the deduplication location.  This can take a short period of time, or a long period of time depending on circumstances.

This may help:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH156743

You can run the following to check if the load completed:
# grep "Storage Cache Manager: cache load completed" /<msdp_location>/log/spoold/spoold.log