cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files & Folders backup not progressing beyond the " Store the Contents on the Content Routers " step

logen143
Level 2

The backup job looks idle or hung at "" Store the Contents on the Content Routers " step

the technote TECH55304 no longer valid. Can i have the latest technote / link on this issue.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

S_Williamson
Level 6

Hi

Can you give me more info? Is it on all jobs or just 1 client? Has the SPA filled up to the 90% mark?. If you terminate gracefully and restart the job will it run the second time?

Simon

logen143
Level 2

Hi Simon,

I found the similar issue on 2 / 3 agents. Im not sure if its ok to terminate since its shows 90%+ in the progress but just there more then 1 or 2 days. anyway to see if its realy progressing?

The storage size not reach the watermark, so its not storage max issue. Thanks.

S_Williamson
Level 6

Here is something I wrote ages ago, I have copied it from that post:

We often get jobs that appear to be hung but if you leave them for a while they seem to come good, Sometimes they dont. The only way I can tell if a job appears to be working is check the installation folder on the Source. Look in C:\program files\symantec\NetBackup PureDisk Agent\tmp for the time/date on the workflow and job files. If its been updated in the last 12 hours then its usually okay. Its hard to tell.

Also look in c:\Program Files\Symantec\NetBackup PureDisk Agent\var\srd\XX folder (where XX is a number relating to the Data Selection ID on the Puredisk Server.

Several files in this folder should be changing depending on that state the backup is in.

A folder called "current" is created when a backup has run or is currently running. If a previous backup has been run the folder is renamed to "previous" and a new folder called "current" is created. Inside the previous folder is a file called "SnapshotPOList.po" . Check in the Current folder for the file. It should grow to approx the same size as the one in the "previous" folder.  The time stamp/size grows periodically.

In the main srd\XX\ folder another file called "tmp_polist.po" should also be growing as its compiling what needs to be backed up. When the backup reaches 4% mark (typically) the file is then renamed to polist.po and a second file called tmp_polist.po is created as it started to export the blocks needed. Again time stamps/size should be increasing, If the date stamp of these files looks like its from 24+ hours ago, you probably have a hung job. Also check the detailed Status of the job to asertain any info and then always try to Terminate Gracefully.

Hope this helps.

logen143
Level 2

Good info mate. appreciate it smiley