cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Server Deduplication Pool with NBU7.1 possible?

Thomas_Schulz_3
Level 5

Hallo.

Is the Media Server Deduplication Pool  with NBU7.1 possible?

I don't find the Wizzard tp create this Media Server Deduplication Pool  in Netbackup 7.1.0.4.

thx

7 REPLIES 7

PeteWall
Level 4
Employee

Media Server Deduplication Pool was introduced in NetBackup 7.0, so your 7.1.0.4 media server has the capability of creating an MSDP storage server.

Make sure that your current license supports MSDP.  What platform are you running your media server on?

Thomas_Schulz_3
Level 5

Master Server = Solaris 10

Media Server's = RHEL5

All on Version NBU_7.1.0.4

PeteWall
Level 4
Employee

MSDP is supported on RedHat 5 in NetBackup 7.1.0.4, so we're good there.

I'd check to make sure that your license on that media server supports dedupe.

Do you see the PureDisk Deduplication Option or other options in the "Configure Disk Storage Servers" wizard?

Thomas_Schulz_3
Level 5

Hi Pete.

Thank you very much for this information. I show it my consultant cool

And, yes i see the feature " PureDisk Deduplication", but i think i need "Media Server Deduplication"

thx from Bavarian

PeteWall
Level 4
Employee

Glad I could help!

Rusty_Major
Level 4
Partner

Tomas, you probably got this worked out already, but as far as NetBackup is concerned, the MSDP pool will still be listed as a PureDisk pool, so that is the selection you want when setting it up.

PeteWall
Level 4
Employee

One quick clarificaiton on this:

In the Storage Server creation wizard, MSDP and PureDisk are different.  Selecting PureDisk in the wizard will not create an MSDP storage server.  Elsewhere, the MSDP pools are referred by PureDisk type storage servers, so outside of the wizard, don't be surprised if you see that keyword after configuraiton.