cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Optimize Deduplication to Puredisk

Scott_Lewis_2
Level 4

I am setting up NetBackup 7.01 (Windows 2008 R2) media server for Deduplication .  I want to then setup a PureDisk server for optimized deduplication from NetBackup and Backup Exec 2010 at our DR site.  When setting up the PureDisk server that will be used exclusively for optimized deduplication should it be setup using an All-in-One configuration or break out the content router and metabase server from the content router.  How much processing is being down by the PD server in optimized deduplication?

Thank-you,

Scott Lewis

1 REPLY 1

Sachin_Pathare
Level 4
Employee Certified

Hi Scott,

As per your question "How much processing is being down by the PD server in optimized deduplication?", actually those specifications are not available, it totally depends on the incoming data to the server, as you will be using the PD Server only for opt dedupe, I think a All-in-one node should be able to handle the processing, considering the data growth in future you can scale the storage by adding CR's later on, however please check the memory and h/w requirements from the NetBackup PureDisk Compatibilty, Pg: 6 using the link below:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH74635

Thanks,

Sachin Pathare