cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Puredisk?

AKopel
Level 6
Anyone looking at this? What are people thinking?
9 REPLIES 9

Raghava_Chary
Level 4
I assume it is going to be a good product, especially for present situation where remote management is taking first place.

Raghava.

Alexandre_Rappo
Level 5
funny enough, it looks the same as Backup Exec CPS (aka Continuous Protection Server).
CPS is just excellent, but BE tech support is poor, pretty poor.
I'll wait a bit for PureDisk, look at the user manual and there are more pages for the T'shooting than the rest of the manual !! !!

Stumpr2
Level 6
I found the Support homepage for Puredisk

http://support.veritas.com/menu_ddProduct_NBUPDROE.htm

AKopel
Level 6
We just got done evaluating this. Pretty cool technology. The single instance store works as advertised. After the initial backup, the average backup was about 60MB or so (where the average incremental for Netbackup was around 1-2GB for the same server.
it is very new and there isn't really any integration with Netbackup yet. We are pretty much going to hold off until some of this is built into NBU (they are planning to eventually have basically a storage optimized DSU option that will use this technology at some point)

Stumpr2
Level 6
So far the only "new" product that has taken off with great user involvement is Enterprise Vault. I'll keep my eye out on Puredisk.

Stumpr2
Level 6
This is definitely a product to learn about!
Currently it is a separate product that is being blended into Netbackup.
It is in the development roadmap for NetBackup for a complete integration.
Look for it to completely replace the NetBackup tar

Stumpr2
Level 6
Please move this thread to the new PureDisk forum

DavidParker
Level 6
Hey guys,
I'm actually participating in a PureDisk 6.2 install right this very moment!

Well, I would be except the install program keeps dying on us.

Already got the PureDisk OS installed though.

If you're interested in PD, I hope you're familiar with SuSE Linux and with disk partitioning in YaST!

Stumpr2
Level 6
And to hear the .........

hear the what?