cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook PST Puredisk 6.6 backup algorithm

fyl
Level 2

Hi, 

I have a scenario where PC users will typically do a backup of their local PSTs to their file servers every day. I.e. run a  script that copies the local PST over to their file server home drives. File name will remain the same and overwrite previous day's backup. File name remains the same.

My question is whether Puredisk agent will see the Outlook PST as a new file (backup 100%) or same file (dedupe base on delta from previous day) ? Appreciate anyone who have experience with this.

Best regards,

fyl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

S_Williamson
Level 6

Hi

Puredisk will see it as a differet version of the same file if its called the same thing and in the same folder. Puredisk will then do the same as it would for any other file, break it down into small segments, work out if it has those fingerprints or not and only send the changed data. Its no different if someone has a PST on a network drive which is opened every time someone uses Outlook.

regards

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

S_Williamson
Level 6

Hi

Puredisk will see it as a differet version of the same file if its called the same thing and in the same folder. Puredisk will then do the same as it would for any other file, break it down into small segments, work out if it has those fingerprints or not and only send the changed data. Its no different if someone has a PST on a network drive which is opened every time someone uses Outlook.

regards

Simon