cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Installing Puredisk 6.6 (Vxconfigd not running)

hekmor
Level 2
Hi
I'm trying to install PDOS 6.6 on my first server,  I boot with My Cd, then Select OneDisk as my installation method
Filled the parameters for Network Config and SPA , get to the Installtion seetings page and when I go to Partitioning
it sends me the following Warning

"VxConfigd is not running. Therefore the VxVM YaST module is disabled. Please  check the VxVM Startup Scripts."

So when I go ahead and finish all the setup it just fails when doing the /Storage partition, I guess this is because
VxConfigd is not runnig, but I just can't find any reference on how to start it or fix it, please help
3 REPLIES 3

John_Tallman
Not applicable
What type of storage are you attaching to? HP EVA, XP, MSA etc. We had the same problems and had to perform most of the step manually using Veritas Enterprise Administrator to set up the disk groups and then manually run:
'/opt/pdinstall/topology.ini',
'/opt/pdinstall/install_newStoragePool.sh'
It is not a simple install.

hekmor
Level 2

We got upgraded to Netbackup Realtime 7.0, having issues also, but that is a different install
Thanks

Mik_Archer
Level 2
I had the same issues with the onedisk installm gave up on it and ran the Install mode instead. I had to remove all traces of a filesystem or partition on the disks before it would format the root partition.