cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pure Disk Pool

Michael_Blizzar
Level 3

Good Morning Gurus of the NBU world.  I have a question that I think I know the answer too But here goes anyway.

I had a linux master server and a windows media server.  The windows media server was connect to a PD device.  Well, long story short, I rebuild the Linux Master and made it a Windows Master.  The images that reside on that PD device are still there and not accessible to the new Windows Master.  The question is,  Do I need to redo the PD device and remove those images or is it a way to just delete those images with the nbdelete -allvolumes command?.

Thanks Everyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirtualED
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Since you rebuilt the Master, there is no way that the NetBackup environment would know what is on the PD System as that information was stored on the Master.  Your best bet now would be to do a re-install of the PD system.  There is a method to just install the PD application without having to re-install the entire OS.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VirtualED
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Since you rebuilt the Master, there is no way that the NetBackup environment would know what is on the PD System as that information was stored on the Master.  Your best bet now would be to do a re-install of the PD system.  There is a method to just install the PD application without having to re-install the entire OS.

Michael_Blizzar
Level 3

Excellent...That's exactly what I though.