cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PureDisk 6.6 Firewall Ports

kmills
Level 3

I am working on a hevaily segmented network and have been trying for months to install PureDisk 6.6. I am at the point to create the Disk Pools, but I cannot connect on socket from the master server to the PureDisk servers that I have. I can connect from the PureDisk server to the Master server however. Can anyone tell me the ports that I need open so I can chase this down with my networks team? I know I have port 1556. 13724, 443, 80 and ICMP going from PD server to master, but what have I missed? Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

S_Williamson
Level 6
Hi

I had the same issue working through a firewall. The network engineers had to open a combination of ports for me. I have asked them for the exact config they use ( and will get back to me) but Check the Puredisk Storagepool Install Guide. Page 200,  It was a combination of Port 80/443/10082/10087 and 10101.

I'll update this again when they give me the exact config.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

S_Williamson
Level 6
Hi

I had the same issue working through a firewall. The network engineers had to open a combination of ports for me. I have asked them for the exact config they use ( and will get back to me) but Check the Puredisk Storagepool Install Guide. Page 200,  It was a combination of Port 80/443/10082/10087 and 10101.

I'll update this again when they give me the exact config.

S_Williamson
Level 6
The Firewall rules were as below

access-list zone2 extended permit tcp host (ip of backed up Server) host (ip of our PD SPA) eq 10087
access-list zone2 extended permit tcp host (ip of backed up Server) host (ip of our PD SPA) eq 10101
access-list zone2 extended permit tcp host (ip of backed up Server) host (ip of our PD SPA) eq 10082
access-list zone2 extended permit tcp host (ip of backed up Server) host (ip of our PD SPA) eq https

This is pretty much what I said above anyway :) Hope you sorted your issue out.

Dunbar_IT
Not applicable

We are using Windows 2008 R2 as a netbackup 7.0.1 media server.  The firewall on the netbackup server was causing the puredisk 6.6.1 export to fail.  In addition to your ports we had to open additional ports that were being blocked.  Test for yourself to see which ports actually need to be opened but here is the list of what worked for us:

From you pos:  Port 80/443/10082/10087 and 10101 

In addition we had to open the following TCP Ports inbound to the netbackup server (Windows 2008 R2)

We are going to try to figure out which of those actually need to be opened when we talk to symantec support.

Good Luck.

S_Williamson
Level 6

Hi

The ports I mentioned were only designed for Puredisk behind a firewall. The ports you have specificied 1556/137XX etc are for Netbackup.

For Netbackup there is a good guide

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/281623.pdf

Its for release 6.0 but the ports should be the same.

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/340140.pdf

Netbackup 7.0 Security and Encryption Guide also mentions the ports.

Simon