cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puredisk 6.2.1 DR backups failing

Tom_Burrell
Level 5
    My Puredisk DR backup policy fails every time!  I'm exporting to Netbackup 6.0 MP5, and the exports for normal backup policies work fine, and Puredisk does trigger several Netbackup jobs in the DR policies (both standard and Datastore), so I'm pretty confident that the setup for the export is OK. 

Working with Symantec support, it looks like there may be a bad FQDN entry somewhere in my config, but we can't root it out.  Anyone have any thoughts about where to check (besides topology.ini that is)?

I really don't want to resort to a hosts file, but I may have to.  I'm trying to make the exchange between PD and NBU use our dedicated backup net without breaking the client backups from our remote offices over the production-side net.
2 REPLIES 2

Tom_Burrell
Level 5
Alright- I got it working by changing the FQDN in the policy, but it's not really what I'm after.

Here's what I'm trying to do: all of my datacenter servers are on a dedicated backup net, so all the server names are servername.backup.com in Netbackup, and servername.public.comto the end-users and applications.

When I pull the Puredisk data into netbackup, I'd like to force the connection across the backup.com network, but I can't figure out how to do that.  Anyone else out there doing this?  If so, how did you do it?

Nicolas_Cure
Level 4
Certified
Hi,

We do somthing similar in Netbackup. We implement it by using static routes to force the traffic going to the backup servers to use the backup NIC. Have you tried this? If you need further info let me know.