cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puredisk 6.6.1.1 - Sync of topology failed: ***ERROR***

S_Williamson
Level 6

Hi

I have upgraded 3 Puredisk nodes to 6.6.1.1 (Two of them SPA replicate thier configs to the other). Since then I am getting two Critical Errors logged every hour on all three of these. The SPAAR replication now also only works if the files are unencrpyted (topologu.ini)

Source: MonitorStatistics_MonitorStatisticsGenerator

Application: MonitorStatistics

Description: Sync of topology failed: ***ERROR***nr: 999999severity: 6server:source: Application_Component Application not yet initialized; latest captured error: [2]fopen(/Component.lck): failed to open stream: Permission denied

and the other

Source: SPA-Webservices_Agent

SPA-Webservices

Description: Sync of topology failed: ***ERROR***nr: 999999 severity: 6 server: source: Application_Component
description: Application not yet initialized; latest captured error: [2]fopen(/Component.lck): failed to open stream: Permission denied
***DONE***

Anyone else come accross this? Thanks

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kev_D
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Simon

I encountered the same last week and in conjunction with Symantec support was given the follwing workaround:

Make a copy of your /opt/pdinstall/lib/SyncTopology.php file.

Add  "Application::start();" just under the require lines in SyncTopology.php

The beginning of the file should now look like this:

<?php
ini_set('user_agent','StoragePoolAuthority');
require_once("bootstrap.php");
require_once("Constants.php");
Application::start();

And that's it. There will be an ET later with a new php script but that's all the changes in it.

Apart from this,
The one thing I did have to do was remove again any existing Component.pid and Component.lck files which existed prior to making the changes.
I can now see that these files are recreated and have their timestamps updated quite frequently.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kev_D
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Simon

I encountered the same last week and in conjunction with Symantec support was given the follwing workaround:

Make a copy of your /opt/pdinstall/lib/SyncTopology.php file.

Add  "Application::start();" just under the require lines in SyncTopology.php

The beginning of the file should now look like this:

<?php
ini_set('user_agent','StoragePoolAuthority');
require_once("bootstrap.php");
require_once("Constants.php");
Application::start();

And that's it. There will be an ET later with a new php script but that's all the changes in it.

Apart from this,
The one thing I did have to do was remove again any existing Component.pid and Component.lck files which existed prior to making the changes.
I can now see that these files are recreated and have their timestamps updated quite frequently.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

S_Williamson
Level 6

Thanks Kevin. Solution has worked and more importantly saved me a lot of time on the Phone :)