Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puredisk not retaining data

rsamora
Level 5
Certified

NetBackup PureDisk 6.6

I inherited this system and I'm not very familiar with PureDisk configuration.  The system has been up and running for two years and has rarely had issues.  Here is my issue.  I have a Data Removal policy, Time Based, set to remove data older than 45 days.  However, I only have 18 days worth of backups.  My first guess was lack of disk space?  High/Low water marks?  How do I determine at what point PureDisk starts deleting old backups?

My Capacity Dashboard shows

Content Router Capacity Report

Total disk space - 7.81TB and Used Disk Space 6.52.TB which is 83.41%

Metabase Engine Capacity Report

Current Usage 83.3208%

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  I have a customer waiting for a file restore that I don't think I'm going to be able to recover.

1 REPLY 1

MilesVScott
Level 6
Certified

When you say you have a Data removal policy, are you actually deleting images or just letting them expire through a normal retention plan? I would suggest you check the SLP for the policy to determine if it was set up with a capacity managed retention. But even so if the data was backed up it would not be deleted unless successfully replicated.

As far as deleteding old images, If it is SLP based it will start at the older images and deleted any that have been replicated untill there are no more replicated remaining or the capacity goes below the low water mark.

How have you been looking for the images to restore? (BAR\catalog search\OpsCtr)