cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDSM has encountered an issue with STS where the server was not found

Theo_Juker
Not applicable
Hi

My system is Windows Server 2008 R2 and Netbackup 7 with Deduplication.
The Disk Pool is on a SAN connecting through iSCSI.
For about 1 month the backups and deduplication was running fine.

Since yesterday night I'm having a problem.
I did not apply any patches nor changes on the running system.

The backups failed with status: no storage units available for use (213).

The iSCSI Lun is connected with Netbackup 7, so the connection is not the problem.

Under Devices - Disk Pools the message appear:
RDSM has encountered an issue with STS where the server was not found: getDiskVolumeInfo

Under Credentials - Storage Servers you see:
RDSM has encountered an issue with STS where the server was not found: getStorageServerConfig

I can't find any information what this have to be.
6 REPLIES 6

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner

First of All MSDP is not supported on ISCSI. But it could be a bug. Have you tried to perform troubleshooting steps described in documentation ?

djlaube
Level 3
Partner
I had the same problem. It turned out to be that Windows 2008 R2 has IPv6 enabled and by default if you ping your server that you are on, it will respond from the IPv6 address, not the IPv4 address. This will obviously freak out NetBackup.

I disabled IPv6 on my network adapters, re-ran the Storage Server wizard and worked like a champ..

Franco-B
Not applicable

everything was working for a week and then it stopped and I get this error and I can't find any documentation on how to fix it... 

I had already disabled IP6 so that wasn't my issue... anyone else have a resolution to this?

Thanks,

FB

TomerG
Level 6
Partner Employee Accredited Certified

The exact error I got from the Storage Server wizard was "RDSM has encountered an issue with STS where the server was not found: updateStorageServerConfig". In my case I checked for IPv6, which wasn't on these Window servers. This was with NBU 7.0 GA version.

Trying with NBU 7.1 (pre-release testing) it worked without issue on the identical servers. I didn't try with NBU 7.0.1, so not sure about that. I'd recommend using the newest releases (currently 7.0.1) when setting up MSDP / dedupe.

Shirley_Martens
Level 1

I am having this issue after upgrading the master NBU server, which is also the media server, from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008.

The master NBU server is running version 7.0.1.

I installed the OST plug-in, but I cannot get the Data Domain storage server added. The master can ping the DD server

and the DD server can ping the master. The host file on the master has the correct name/IP of the DD server.

Any ideas?

ShaMan
Level 2

i have the same issue.. master/media server on one win 2k8 sp2 x64 server