cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-provisioning EMC Clariion Storage to Pure Disk

Mike_Williams1
Level 2

We're running a POC with 10TB allocated (EMC Clariion), problem is we need to move storage for better utilization - we've created clone and will snap copy data to LUN - present copied data to PD with previous host ID. So from PD persective would look identical. 

Question - will stop/start PD services (# /etc/init.d/puredisk stop / start) or shut down/ start PD work or would I need to run a version of DR (DR_Restore_all.sh)? to clean up any database issues I've not considered?

Thanks!  Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AAlmroth
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you present the new storage to the PD pool, you could just create a RAID1 on host level using the old LUNs, mirroring to the new LUNs on the PD host as it is using Storage Foundation.

Once the mirror is in sync, break away the old storage, and remove the mirror config, and voila, you have migrated to new storage witn 0% downtime...

/A

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Abesama
Level 6
Partner

If there're anything to be done, they will be like partition/volume/filesystem works I think?

Surely PD services will need to be stopped, any process (ldap/cron/PostgreSQL) having open file in /Storage will need to be stopped as well while you are relocating/migrating the LUNs.

But I do not understand where the DR restore comes in from, you are not going to lose any data as long as you gracefully shutdown PD services before moving the LUNs.

If I'm missing any points here, please anyone kindly advise.

Abe

AAlmroth
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you present the new storage to the PD pool, you could just create a RAID1 on host level using the old LUNs, mirroring to the new LUNs on the PD host as it is using Storage Foundation.

Once the mirror is in sync, break away the old storage, and remove the mirror config, and voila, you have migrated to new storage witn 0% downtime...

/A