cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore from copy x

Jan-Olof_Erikss
Level 5

Hi,

Does this work on restore from PureDisk?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/287293

/Regards

Joe

3 REPLIES 3

S_Williamson
Level 6

Hi Joe

I dont really see the relevance of this in the Puredisk environment. You dont usually make several copies of the Data like you would write to 2 tapes for instance in Netbackup. The only thing you can do is replicate the data to a second site.

You can restore the data at the second site without issue even though its a replicated copy. The only thing you cant do is restore the replicated copy to actual client. You can only restore the data to a client that is local to the SPA.

If you made two exports to Netbackup from Puredisk then the same rules would apply to that technote you specified.

Hope this helps

Simon

Jan-Olof_Erikss
Level 5

Hi S W.

Beeing new to PureDisk I was just asking my self, how do I do a restore from the replica/duplicated data, in case the original is gone? As I understand it´s not that simple as with duplicated tapes.

/Joe

S_Williamson
Level 6

You would restore the replicated copy of the data to another server with an agent installed that is local to where the data was replicated to. You can then copy the data from there to whereever you like.

You could also replicate it back to the original PD SPA if you setup the server again and then restore it back (if you had lost the original)

Simon