cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore to CIF / UNC / Mapped Drive

kprickett
Level 2

Puredisk 6.6.1.2

I have a server that went down with about 1.25TB of data (lost two drives in the raid).  It's going to take some time to get this system up, and I need to get to the restore data pronto.  However the only space I have to restore data is located on our SAN/NAS CIF shares (EMC System).

I am unable to find through my searching how to go about restoring to this location.  I have created the share point, but while drilling through to the restore I have no way of selecting it.

I am able to add the location as if to back it up. But from a windows agent to UNC I fail.  I can create a mapped drive, but how will PureDisk see this mapped drive without using my credentials to logon to the server.  Just to test I changed the service to run as myself on the destination side, and as expected I fail again.

Little help?

1 REPLY 1

S_Williamson
Level 6

I have tried several ways but unable to do  restore to CIFS so restore locally somewhere and robocopy has been the option I use.

Else if you have a server with HBA's in it, present a 1.5TB Lun from your EMC to it and restore then as a local drive.