Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to PureDisk 6.6.1 and NBU 7.0.1

Jechar
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello,

I realize an update of my symantec environement.

It was a master nbu server in 6.5.4 on the first site with a puredisk server in 6.5.1.

On the second site it was a media server in 6.5.4 with a other puredisk in 6.5.1 and a Robot with two LTO4 for export.

The communication with puredisk is done with PDDO.

I upgraded first the master and media to 7.0.1, i need to unistall puredisk agent before.

After i was unable to communicate with the puredisk... i contact the support that tell me i need to upgrade my puredisk server (OS and Puredisk) now it's ok there are in 6.6.1

But i can use my storage unit with PDDO.

I try to launch the storage wizard, but like a pddo is created it failed.

I try to delete the pddo, but i have lots of backup and i don't to loose it.

I ran this command line to verify the connection :

1 - From the PureDisk Server command line :

PD1:~ # ps waux | grep -i spoold | grep -v -i grep

root     13542  0.0  7.7 996440 634556 ?       SLsl Jan06   0:55 /opt/pdcr/bin/spoold -q

2 - From the NetBackup Server command line :

a.C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>nbdevquery -liststs -stype PureDisk

V6.5.5 PD1 PureDisk 9

V6.5.5 PD2. PureDisk 9

B.C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpstsinfo -si -sp PureDisk: -sn PD1 Cannot process Server Info for server PD1, status (authorization failure).

Cannot proccess STS Info for server PD1, Error: operation requested by an invalid server.

EXIT STATUS = 37

C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpstsinfo -si -sp PureDisk: -sn PD2 Cannot process Server Info for server PD2, status (authorization failure).

Cannot proccess STS Info for server PD2, Error: operation requested by an invalid server.

EXIT STATUS = 37

Each time I run the bpstsinfo command the error occured :

Description:  Authentication for user 'root' failed Source:xxx.xx.xxx.101, Server:xxx.xx.x.102 Alert Severity Level: CRITICAL

Source: SPA-Webservices_Storagepool

Application: SPA-Webservices

[...]

Multitude: 6

Error Number: shared.webservice.2356

[...]

If you have any idea.

Thanks for you help.

Best regards

JC

1 REPLY 1

Sachin_Pathare
Level 4
Employee Certified

Hi JC,

It seems to be an issue with the credentials, you can add the credentials again, refer to technote below, probably the step number 4 should help, however please verify before using it:

GENERAL ERROR: Unable to register PDDO pddocfg fails on the tpconfig command.
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH70018

Thanks,