cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I use "Netbackup Pure Disk Storage" as a deduplication target for Backup Exec?

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hi

i have backup Exec 2012 sp4 Hotfix 1 with active Maintenance .( i can Upgrade to 2014)

• Can i use Symantec PureDisk as my Deduplication storage?
  •  PureDisk Server is Free or Should i buy License for it?
  • What licenses should i buy?
  • Where can i Download Trial Version of it?
  • is there any Document about Using PureDisk with Backup Exec 2012/2014 ?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
See the EOSL date for Puredisk in this discussion https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/puredisk-665-now-available

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE can use Puredisk for dedup.  It treats Puredisk as an OST appliance.  See the BE Admin Guide on how to use OST appliance.

You would need to purchase Puredisk.  It is not free.  Why do you want to use Puredisk?  You can buy the dedup option for BE which uses a version of Puredisk which is optimised for BE.  If you buy Puredisk, you would still need to buy the dedup option for BE to use it.

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

thank you , i got IBM Storewize v3700 and its not certified OST Appliance .

i want to use PureDisk to get OST Feature like with storewize,3 Backup Exec with CASO use one LUN as Deduplication target.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

With CASO and the BE dedup option, you can share the one dedup folder with a few media servers.

I would suggest that you look at the BE dedup option closer before exploring Puredisk.

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

with BE CASO & Dedupelication you can only share your Storage Over Ethernet , I want to use FC for Dedupe Storage Traffic.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you sure that using Puredisk will allow you to use FC

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

i dont know and thats why i ask all this question (Where can i Download Trial Version of it?) :)

can i?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
See the EOSL date for Puredisk in this discussion https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/puredisk-665-now-available

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks