cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

optimum utilization of Puredisk Appilance

Bharath_Achar
Level 6

I have six new PureDisk appliances in my backup environvment.

I want confiure 6 nodes take to take backup.

Please lemme know what all the possible architecture can be used with 6 nodes.

What are the pros and cons of the architecure.

Regards,

Bharath

4 REPLIES 4

MilesVScott
Level 6
Certified

Not really sure what your going for. Do you have a DR site that you want to replicate images to? Were there any plans for the implementation of the devices or are you trying to plan this after the purchase? Would need more information to be of any help.

Sachin_Pathare
Level 4
Employee Certified

Hi Bharath,

It will be great if you could share your backup design and strategy.

These 6 nodes can be configured with various combinations, see few examples below:

1] 3nodes on Primary and 3 on DR site, where backups go to Primary Site and are Replicated to DR site, this will be a Classic PD setup where no Netbackup is installed.

2] These nodes can be integrated with Netbackup and used as backend dedupe storage(i.e. PDDO - PureDisk Deduplication Option) on both sites, backups/restores will be controlled through Netbackup.

3] If there is only one site, then you can configure 2-3 nodes intially in the PureDisk StoragePool and later on scale up the storage by adding remaining appliances as CR(Content Router) nodes.

It is not mandatory that above examples will/should match your enrionment, these are few examples for guidance purpose only.

Hope that helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Bharath_Achar
Level 6

I want all nodes to be configured in the same place to take backup of the local clients ?

I need suggestions to configure these nodes to have optimum utilization.

MilesVScott
Level 6
Certified

Are you wanting to sepperate backups to deal with a singular logical group? (ie. one MS for Database servers, one MS for Exchange, and so on) Or did you have something else in mind? Its verry hard to help plan an environment's configuration and layout without having some backround information on what you have and what you are trying to accomplish.