cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pddocfg error

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, my master server is NBU 7.1 on windows 2008 r2. I have one media server (AIX 6.1, NBU 7.1). We have a NBU appliance which is NBU 5220 and firmware version is 1.4. Currently the master server works as a media server to the disk pool in the appliance. We want to configure to add another media server to use the disk pool in the appliance as well. I have already installed PDDO plugin in the media server. My questions are:

1. According to the guide, I should run pddocfg to register the media server. I ran the following command in the media server but got an error which said "Failed adding credentials for Open Storage host storageserverB. ERROR: "tpconfig -add" failed".

pddocfg.sh    --addspa   --mediaserver=mediaserverA   --storageserver=storageserverB

where mediaserverA is the host name of the media server we want to add, stroageserverB is the exsiting storage server. Is it correct? Do I need Shared Storage license in the media server?

2. Can I add multiple media server to use the same disk pool and storage unit in the same storage server? If yes, how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0