Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the scope of NSS support

atoyoda
Level 3

(Question background)
I have plans to customize NSS.
I would like to know if NSS support is available in the following cases.

#01 NSS and IIS
There is IIS running on the NSS-Web server. This is used for normal NSS operation.
I am planning to customize NSS using CLI or Web scripts.
When developing Web script based development, there is a possibility to use IIS running on NSS-Web server.
Can I receive NSS support when adding other sites to this IIS?

#02 Customization of NSS and support availability
After authentication at the NSS site, from the NSS page to another site (site created at #01)
I would like to set up an external link including information (server name etc) possessed by NSS.
Specifically, I would like to use NSS's user authentication and login privilege to customize NBU command issue (restore etc.) at another site.
In such a case, will NSS support be obtained?

Best Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_Rigby
Level 4

Hi, thanks for you query.  Please find our responses below.

1) It is possible to host other web applications on the same IIS server as NSS.  As long as the NSS application components remain configured correctly, this does not affect our support of NSS.

2) We would need more detail on what is intended to fully understand your needs but as an example, we already have customers using NSS to perform NBU restore functions that are customised.  However, these customisations have to be created using NSS components (our forms, API or SDK).  Essentially, we provide support for the NSS platform and portal that hosts your customistions but you would be expected to support and debug your own code.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ben_Rigby
Level 4

Hi, thanks for you query.  Please find our responses below.

1) It is possible to host other web applications on the same IIS server as NSS.  As long as the NSS application components remain configured correctly, this does not affect our support of NSS.

2) We would need more detail on what is intended to fully understand your needs but as an example, we already have customers using NSS to perform NBU restore functions that are customised.  However, these customisations have to be created using NSS components (our forms, API or SDK).  Essentially, we provide support for the NSS platform and portal that hosts your customistions but you would be expected to support and debug your own code.

Hi,Ben-san
Thank you very much for your helpful reference.