cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete the created user.

AlChie
Level 4

Good day!

I would like to know if it is possible to delete the created/imported user and not just deactivate them.

For example: I have created the username JohnSmith and a bit later I was provided with access to Active Directory and need to import exactly the same user John Smith but with Active Directory credentials, so I will recieve an error saying that user had already been created.

Thank you.

----
Best Regards, AlChie
2 REPLIES 2

TraceyBunyard
Level 5
Employee

Hi Alexander

You are right, currently its not possible to delete a user from the interface, whilst in theory you could delete via the MSSQL users table this is not recommended as other tables could be affected leading to an unstable system. It may be something you can try on a test system but definitely not a production instance.

However with the introduction of the EU General Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the need to add functionality for the redaction of personal info, NSS will in future allow users to be deleted. Currently this is scheduled to be added to NSS with the next official release after the end of this year, so Q1 2018 would be the earliest it might be available.

Thank you for info.I will await for next release then.

P.S.

I have tried the delete process just as you described several weeks ago, and as you also said this action damaged the links between tables.

After this manipulation i haven't been able to open "Monitoring" tab and the "Add computer for protection" got stuck forever.

----
Best Regards, AlChie