cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NSS, Backing up SAP HAna, Informix and Lotus Notes

TraceyBunyard
Level 5
Employee

Hi, my customer will need to backup SAP Hana, Informix and Lotus but these policies aren’t supported with NSS, is there any other option to backup these apps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TraceyBunyard
Level 5
Employee

NSS can support client based policies which use scripts or file lists to select what needs to be backed up. There is one customer that has used NSS to backup SAP Hana, the customer wrote the scripts and they only apply to backups

As far as Informix and Lotus Notes are concerned, provided they fit the model described above, NSS can protect them but it has not been tested and this is the main reason for not officially supporting them. However, there are no restore capabilities out of the box.

NSS supports application restore for SQL Server and Oracle (however they are not automated end to end). For other applications, restore can be implemented as an additional service. The user fills in a form with what they want (e.g. from the March 12 backup, I want Database Sales to be restored on Server 1) and the workflow passes it to the relevant admin to do the actual restore. Extra forms can be added by the customer if required to support this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TraceyBunyard
Level 5
Employee

NSS can support client based policies which use scripts or file lists to select what needs to be backed up. There is one customer that has used NSS to backup SAP Hana, the customer wrote the scripts and they only apply to backups

As far as Informix and Lotus Notes are concerned, provided they fit the model described above, NSS can protect them but it has not been tested and this is the main reason for not officially supporting them. However, there are no restore capabilities out of the box.

NSS supports application restore for SQL Server and Oracle (however they are not automated end to end). For other applications, restore can be implemented as an additional service. The user fills in a form with what they want (e.g. from the March 12 backup, I want Database Sales to be restored on Server 1) and the workflow passes it to the relevant admin to do the actual restore. Extra forms can be added by the customer if required to support this.