cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NSS Backup server PowerShell connection help

natwarsingh
Level 2

I have installed trial NSS portal. I was trying to configure master backup server. OS is Windows .Authentication is Default.  What type of user account (The username and password which connects to the master server, using PowerShell) i can configure.  AD account or Local account, and what are the privileges account should have.

If you can share backup server Winrm configuration details that will be good.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for sending me the error message Natwar ("The system cannot find the file specified").

In this case, NSS is attempting to contact the master server using a CLI command.  CLI commands sit in the command directories of the master server.  By default, NSS will assume the following default parent paths to these directories:

Windows: C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup
Unix:  /usr/openv/netbackup

However, sometimes during the installation of NetBackup, an alternative to the above defaults is used.  In these cases, the paths defined in the Backup Server config within NSS must be updated to use alternative directories.  Click 'Show Advanced Settings' at the top of the Backup Server config page and update the 'NetBackup Folder' to the correct value.

You may also have to update the 'NetBackup Temporary Folder' setting.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ben_Rigby
Level 4

Hi, thanks for your message.  The windows account can be a domain account or local account.  The account must have permission on the master server to run CLI commands, including the admin commands, so administrative privileges are neccessary.

I hope this helps,

Ben

Hi,

Thanks for your message. I am getting error while using domain account in master backup PowerShel connection.

I have executed Enter-PSSession -ComputerName using domain account. Its working perfect.Domain account has Administrator provileges in Master backup server.

I am attaching NSS error screenshot. 

Thanks for sending me the error message Natwar ("The system cannot find the file specified").

In this case, NSS is attempting to contact the master server using a CLI command.  CLI commands sit in the command directories of the master server.  By default, NSS will assume the following default parent paths to these directories:

Windows: C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup
Unix:  /usr/openv/netbackup

However, sometimes during the installation of NetBackup, an alternative to the above defaults is used.  In these cases, the paths defined in the Backup Server config within NSS must be updated to use alternative directories.  Click 'Show Advanced Settings' at the top of the Backup Server config page and update the 'NetBackup Folder' to the correct value.

You may also have to update the 'NetBackup Temporary Folder' setting.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks Ben, my issue is solved.