cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Self Service and ServiceNow Kingston integration

mars19661
Level 3
Employee

I have a customer who has logged a case about Netbackup Self Service and integration with ServiceNow Kingston.  I have done some research but have not found anything about this at all.  So I thought I would ask the forum if anybody knows.

The customer has asked the following.

Please confirm these statements "Rest API can use content type - application/json for integration with ServiceNow Kingston version" and is it mandatory to use "content-type: application/vnd.netbackup+json;"

Is there any documentation out there about Netbackup Self Service and ServiceNow Kingston integration.  If so where can you get it ?

Also can anybody answer the 2 queries my customer has.

Thank you

Regards

Nicola

5 REPLIES 5

JonHunt
   VIP   
I will speak to the developers later today and get you an answer

Jon

Hello Jon,

Thank you for the quick feedback. Problem we have is that we look after Netbackup Self Service, but we have been given no training or documentatioj on these API's and the integration.  Not even sure if we support this side of Self Service, so we are kind fo stuck in the middle.  i will need to find out inhouse if this is  something we support or need to refer the customer to Biomni.

Thank you

Regards

Nicola

JonHunt
   VIP   

So after talking to developers, I have the following response.......

The question from your customer shows that they are trying to use the NetBackup Rest API and not the NSS Rest API.

If they use NSS there is already a ServiceNow APP  and we would recommend they look at this in the first instance. Documentation and the ServiceNow App can be found here

In the Upcoming NSS Mammoth release, there will be a ServiceNow App that connects directly to NetBackup without the need to install NSS. Click here to view the roadmap for NSS Mammoth and you will see the item "ServiceNow App for NBU API".

Hello Jon,

Thank you for that information.  Seems customer is getting errors in SearchNow.  But I think it maybe because they are just on NSS 8.1, not 8.1.1.  According to the documentation you sent me, you need to be on a minimum of NSS 8.1.1.

Customer is going to send me the errors they are getting.

Thank you again fior your help.

Regards

Nicola

JonHunt
   VIP   

Hi

It is normally expected to get errors during the install process. The preview update set process detects problems that may occur if the changes are committed.

During the preview stage of the NSS ServiceNow App errors may occur as there is data linking between entities that may not yet exist in ServiceNow e.g. the step that applies permissions on an object that currently does not exist in ServiceNow will error during the preview process. Therefore the action ‘Accept remote update’ is recommended as during the commit process the object gets created first and then the permissions are applied.

Regards

Jon