cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore MSSQL with NSS.

shahriar_sadm
Level 6

Hi dear all,

woul you please somebody explain me what is "Restore instructions" and "Details of the restore location" and what is the entries forman and syntax? 

Regards

5 REPLIES 5

Ben_Rigby
Level 4

Hi Shahriar,

In NSS, we use legacy, script-based policies to protect and, while the database image can be selected, does not perform the actual restore.  Instead, the form is used to notify an administrator to carry out the restore manually. 

So, after selecting your database backup image, those text boxes are there to describe to your administrator details about the restoration (e.g. restore with a new DB name) and alternative location if selected.  You can use any text in these boxes.

Ben

Thanks for reply Ben,

Administrator you said means tenant administrator or system administrator? in restore request I can select one of the tenant users as administrator. tenant can send a restore request for himself? 

if you mean system administrator, how can system admin do restore without access to customer database? As I remember about SQL legacy restore, DB admin should create script in client and run and backup admin just could perform backup and restore using application backup (oracle and SQL).

PS: I send a restore request for SQL and select administrator. Nothing happend, where can I see the request? 

Regards

Hi Shahriar,

The admin you select on the form is from the internal user list.  NSS will send an email to this user.  The user will carry out the restore manually, outside of NSS.

The reason you did not receive an email may be due to an email server needing to be configured (how does NSS know what server to send the email to?).

Take a look at Admin --> Support --> Configuration Check

Go to Email tab and click 'Edit SMTP Settings' to add your server configuration.  You can use the Send Test Email button to check the settings.

Regards,

Ben

So, tenant admin can go directly to servers and perform restore and not necessary to create restore schedule?

Hi Shahriar,

The restore is performed manually by the selected user.  The restore form in NSS sends an email to inform them to complete this task when submitted.  Oracle restore forms in NSS also have this partial restore approach. 

The Unix, Windows, VMWare, Hyper-V and supported Cloudpoint types all complete restores automatically.

Regards,

Ben