cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Backup using NSS

shahriar_sadm
Level 6

Hi dear all,

Is here any guide for MS-SQL backup policy using NSS? I cretae protection type named "SQL" server and then level "Gold" under the gold level I have ms-sql policy under managed policy. Assume a tenant registered an asset, when tenant click un protect machine using gold, nowhere can be choose instance! is there anything I missed or there is another way that I dont know for provide BaaS using NSS. Really need more document! :(

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Ben_Rigby
Level 4

Hi Shahriar,

One thing to bear in mind about SQL protection in NSS is that we currently support SQL policies that use a batch file.  These work by setting consistent file name on the policy and ensuring a batch file with same name exists on every SQL client that needs to be protected by the policy.  The file itself contains client-specific information on the instance/database that will be protected on the client and can be created in the admin console or manually:
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/17221771-129889660-0/v100626328-129889660

Unprotect removes the whole client from the policy, you cannot choose to selectively unprotect - this should be done by editing the script.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Ben