cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Veritas NetBackup Self Service plug-in for VMware vCloud Director

Available now.........

The VMware vCloud plugin for NSS(NetBackup Self Service)  match's NSS to vCloud functionality i.e. a tenant is be able to perform the following actions on vCloud objects:

Protect, Unprotect, Backup Now, Restore VM, Restore File (not all actions are available on all objects e.g. file restore is not applicable to a vDC)

It also introduces support for agentless file restore and a dashboard with the familiar traffic lights and usage information.

NSS needs to be installed and configured but the tenant is able to do everything from vCloud without having to access the NSS Portal

The plugin follows vCloud's guidelines on scope and UX and it provides a seamless experience to the tenant user.

The minimum VMware vCloud version supported is 9.7

Additional Overview Video and Powerpoint is available here https://fil.email/HcjqazLX

This plugin is available in the Veritas Downloads area where NSS can be downloaded also.

NSS8.3_Download_Center2.jpg

NSS8.3_Download_Center1.jpg

5 Replies

Re: Veritas NetBackup Self Service plug-in for VMware vCloud Director

Hello Jon! 

Kindly share the link where we can get the download, as I could not get it anywhere on the Veritas NetBackup Support Site.

Veritas NetBackup Self Service plug-in for VMware vCloud Director v1.0

Highlighted

Hi

As per the original article this is not released yet.

This will be released in a few weeks time, details on how to download will be available here then

Thanks

Jon

Highlighted

Hi Jon,

is vcloud 9.7 supported in NSS 8.2? I couldn't find a mention of it.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Dan

Good to hear from you, hope you are keeping well.

Yes NSS 8.2 does support vCloud 9.7, currently we don't publish that, but following your quesry we will in the future!

Thanks

Jon

Highlighted

This is now released and available in the Veritas Downloads area