cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can and can not do with NSS

atoyoda
Level 3

Currently, we design NetBackup Self Service operation for Japanese customers.
Please let me ask questions about operation using NSS.

Q1. About job cancellation operation
We want to cancel running (Active) backup job using NSS.
Is this possible?

Q2. About restoration with VADP.
There is an NBU environment that works with VADP.
We want to implement a restore with VMDK specified.

Is it possible to perform restore operation with VMDK specified using NSS-WeB-GUI?
Is it possible to perform operations equivalent to command option assignment from the NSS - Web - GUI? (Do you need API development?)

Q3. About restoration of BMR
I want to execute BMR restore operation from NSS.
Is this function currently implemented in NSS? If it is not implemented, is it possible to be implemented in the future?

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JonHunt
   VIP   

Hi - I have answered your questins below.

Is this possible?

No. NSS versions prior to 8.1.2 do not contain any job information. NSS 8.1.2 shows job information (assuming that the master server is also 8.1.2) but there is no ability to cancel a job. Job operations like cancellation will be added in a future release.

Is it possible to perform restore operation with VMDK specified using NSS-WeB-GUI?

No. It is possible to use Instant Recovery and then use vCenter to move the disks between machines. VM instant recovery is available as an add-on to NSS performed as a PS engagement.

Is it possible to perform operations equivalent to command option assignment from the NSS - Web - GUI? (Do you need API development?)

It is possible to extend NSS functionality with custom command calls but it requires PS work.

Is this function currently implemented in NSS? If it is not implemented, is it possible to be implemented in the future?

BMR is not supported, it is in the feature list but it has not been allocated to a release.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JonHunt
   VIP   

Hi - I have answered your questins below.

Is this possible?

No. NSS versions prior to 8.1.2 do not contain any job information. NSS 8.1.2 shows job information (assuming that the master server is also 8.1.2) but there is no ability to cancel a job. Job operations like cancellation will be added in a future release.

No. It is possible to use Instant Recovery and then use vCenter to move the disks between machines. VM instant recovery is available as an add-on to NSS performed as a PS engagement.

It is possible to extend NSS functionality with custom command calls but it requires PS work.

BMR is not supported, it is in the feature list but it has not been allocated to a release.

Hi,Jon-san

Thank you immediately answer.
I got the information we are looking for.

I deeply appreciate it.