cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Within NSS, can I change the language preference of my users?

TraceyBunyard
Level 5
Employee

I know that Netbackup Self Service is available in multiple languages, but I wanted to know if I could set the language per user as I wish to roll the portal out to my users in different countries and it would be nice to have it in their local language. Is this possible and how do I go about setting this up? Do I have to have language packs installed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TraceyBunyard
Level 5
Employee

Out of the box NSS supports the following languages: English (US), French, German, Simplified Chinese and Japanese, and a customer can choose to install Self Service in any one of these languages.

If you operate a user base across multiple countries, you can enable some or all of the other support languages from the list above within the one portal.

To enable a language goto Admin->Settings->Currency & Language->Language and 'enable' the chosen language

As a user, you can change your language via clicking on the chevron at the top right of the homepage by your name and selecting My Account->Language, English (UK) will now appear as an option.
As an NSS or Tenant admin, you can also set a user's default language via Admin->Organization->User and select the user and update their preferred language.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TraceyBunyard
Level 5
Employee

Out of the box NSS supports the following languages: English (US), French, German, Simplified Chinese and Japanese, and a customer can choose to install Self Service in any one of these languages.

If you operate a user base across multiple countries, you can enable some or all of the other support languages from the list above within the one portal.

To enable a language goto Admin->Settings->Currency & Language->Language and 'enable' the chosen language

As a user, you can change your language via clicking on the chevron at the top right of the homepage by your name and selecting My Account->Language, English (UK) will now appear as an option.
As an NSS or Tenant admin, you can also set a user's default language via Admin->Organization->User and select the user and update their preferred language.