cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alternate location resore

shahriar_sadm
Level 6

Hi dear all,

When I try to restore file with NSS and set Restore to original location? to "NO" is there not any box for type new location?

Regards

6 REPLIES 6

Ben_Rigby
Level 4

Hi Shahriar,

NSS sends CLI command to master server then periodically checks the master for the status of the created job (the short or long delay).

The short delay should only loop around for a limited time before moving to the longer delay so I wonder if your Windows Service has stopped (it is the Windows Service that controls the background tasks).

So, check the Services list on the server for the Biomni Windows Service is running (Biomni Front Office Service).  If not, start it. If the Service is running, please let us know and we can investigate further.

Regards,

Ben

Hi Ben, 

I am so sorry, I restared IIS and issue resolved. I had another question and I edited this topic. after it I saw your asnwer. 

Ben_Rigby
Level 4

Hi Shahriar,

By default, restoring to alternative location restores to a sub-directory of the original location.  The primary intention of this is to preserve the original file (rather than redirect it to another place).  However, as I demonstrated with the extensibility options of NSS, it would be possible to customise the form to allow restoration to another location.  We have an existing script package for that customisation but I'll need to ensure it is up to date before you can use it.

Let me know if you are interested.

Regards,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for reply. Of course, I would be happy that test and know all about NSS befor provide to customers. how can I have mentiones scripts?

Regards

Hi Shahriar,

This VOX post has been updated with the customisation for version 8.3:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup-Self-Service/NSS-file-restore-can-I-have-an-alternative-path-or...

Please download using the link in the post and follow the instructions in the PDF file.

Let us know how your testing goes.

Regards,

Ben

Hi Dear Ben,

Enjoyed it. worked well. I would be happy if other customization is available. :)

Many thanks