cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10Gb Network and Netbackup

Netbackup_Adm4
Level 4

Does anyone know of recommended Netbackup configurations for 10 gigabit networks?  Our media and master servers are all connected at 10Gb.  Our clients are all connected at 1Gb.  We have 16 LTO5 tape drives spread over 3 media servers.  Does anyone have recommendations or suggestions as to how I can benefit from the 10Gb network connections on the Netbackup servers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

My advice in this post is also applicable here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-75-storage-unit-best-practices#comment-8009171

Main concern is media server capabilities. Please read all of the Performance tuning docs...

Extract of White Paper mentioned in my other post:

The proper placement of the HBA and NIC cards should be discussed with the hardware vendor for maximum throughput. While there are any number of slots in a system (PCI, PCIx, PCIe), placing the high speed cards in the correct slots is critical to achieve full throughput.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Joseph_TKLee
Level 4

FYI,

- Configure each vlan interface for each client network on media servers

- Add client network into Preferred Network Property on master server GUI.

- Test if it set up correctly on media server

# bptestbpcd -host client

The setup above make client connect to media server directly.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

My advice in this post is also applicable here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-75-storage-unit-best-practices#comment-8009171

Main concern is media server capabilities. Please read all of the Performance tuning docs...

Extract of White Paper mentioned in my other post:

The proper placement of the HBA and NIC cards should be discussed with the hardware vendor for maximum throughput. While there are any number of slots in a system (PCI, PCIx, PCIe), placing the high speed cards in the correct slots is critical to achieve full throughput.