cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 VCB proxy servers in same Netbackup domain?

oughck
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi All,

I have a setup where there are 2 separate ESX domains that needs to be backed up in the same netbackup domain. 1 master server is backing up a subnet while a media server is used to back up the 2nd.

My question is whether i can set up 2 vcb proxy servers in the master and media servers so that they can be used to flash backup their respective domains accordingly.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards,
ck
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Giroevolver
Level 6
You should be able to use one Proxy server if you want to. Provided you use a logon that has permissions to the VC and the ESX luns are presented to the proxy server it shouldn't matter.

But if you want to use 2 then yes that will work. Does that mean you have your master server in one domain and your media server in the other?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MattS
Level 6
I think you'll need a VCB proxy for each Virtual Center server... That make sense?  So if i read your question correctly, the answer is yes.  You can have multiple VCB proxies for one NetBackup master server (NB domain).

Matt

Giroevolver
Level 6
You should be able to use one Proxy server if you want to. Provided you use a logon that has permissions to the VC and the ESX luns are presented to the proxy server it shouldn't matter.

But if you want to use 2 then yes that will work. Does that mean you have your master server in one domain and your media server in the other?