cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008r2 UEFI status 0 failures

Scott_Chapman
Level 4

Hello everyone, I'm trying to find out if anyone else is seeing the following issue on any of your 2008r2 physical machines.

Server:  Solaris 10 NBU 7.1.0.2

Clients:  Windows 2008r2 NBU 7.1.0.2

Backups finish with status 0, however, if you review the job details you see the following:

8/14/2012 8:03:36 PM - Info bpbrm(pid=21156) from client ih8windows: TRV - object not found for file system backup: EFI System Partition:

Using ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES to run the backup of the machine.

I've got a case open with Symantec and it's being escalated to engineering, but I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there that is seeing this, and maybe doesn't even realize there is a problem because the jobs finish with status 0!

Thanks Scott

5 REPLIES 5

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

EFI System partition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFI_System_partition

I think the culprit may be the EFI system partition. Exclude it and take backup.

Scott_Chapman
Level 4

Maybe I didn't explain my problem well enough... currently, I'm not getting a backup of that partition (as reported by the error I included), so on a restore, the machine won't be bootable!

So I could exclude the EFI, but that will simply remove the error from the job details, not resolve the underlying problem.

Thanks, Scott

Zahid_Haseeb

You may be using flat file backup means MS-WINDOWS policy type ?

The backup you took was successful ?

Scott_Chapman
Level 4

Yes, the backup policy type is MS-WINDOWS. 

The backup finishes with a successful status 0, then you look in the job details and you see the following:

8/16/2012 7:20:20 PM - Info bpbrm(pid=9482) from client winclient: TRV - object not found for file system backup: EFI System Partition:

Thanks, Scott

Zahid_Haseeb

Emm I feel that this particular partition may have open file thats why its not able to take the backup.

It might be just like if you try to take the backup of MS SQL SERVER (.mdf and .ldf file) as a flat file backup which will not be successful until you use the MS SQL agent which(SQL agent) help to take the backup of open files/Live Database.