cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

: (2074) Disk volume is down - After datadomain upgrade fron 5.7 to 6.0

kprgroup
Level 2

Hi,

Did one of our DATA DOMAIN( out of two) Upgrade from 5.7 to 6.0.2.30  After upgrade netbackup 7.6.0.1 started throwing error.

: (2074) Disk volume is down

Storage server is UP
DISK POOL is UP
Disk Volume is DOWN

Started troubleshooting by rebooting Master and Media servers and try to bring up the disk volume using this command

nbdevconfig -changestate -stype DataDomain -dp oscdd95nb76-dp -dv oscdd9500nb76-lsu -state UP and RESET

But it stays UP for a minitue then going back to down state

I ran the following commands...

nbdevquery -liststs -stype DataDomain -U
nbdevquery -listdp -stype DataDomain -U
nbdevquery -listdv -stype DataDomain -UI

I am in a process of upgrading to netbackup 8.0 ( Parallel upgrade) will get the 8.0 ready soon

NetBackup support doesn’t help since 7.6 is EOS. Please advise & Help.( I MUST NEED THIS UP for a while restore atleast) The other datadomain is fine ( not the upgrade one working fine)

Appriciate all the help ..Thank you so much in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
Disk volume seems to be down so it is possible that the upgrade of DD OS has for some reason changed the permissions on the lsu created on DD side or the path itself from DD side..

Could you share the outputs of the below commands for the affected DD

>> nbu media server which has DD credentials

1. nbdevquery -listdv -stype DataDomain -U
2. bpstsinfo -li -servername <DD_storage_server_name> -serverprefix DataDomain
3. tpconfig -dsh

>>From DD side

1. ddboost storage-unit show

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@kprgroup wrote:

Hi,

Did one of our DATA DOMAIN( out of two) Upgrade from 5.7 to 6.0.2.30  After upgrade netbackup 7.6.0.1 started throwing error.

Have you confirmed version compatibility?   NBU -> DD Plugin -> DDOS

It is quite possible that the new DDOS version needs new plugin that is not compatible with 7.6.x.

My suggestion is to carefully check DDOS and plugin compatibility with DELL/EMC and then confirm NBU and plugin compatibility in NBU HCL, and to schedule NBU upgrade as a matter of urgency. 

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

My point as well. You need to upgrade the OST plugin on media servers connecting to the data domain.

Please see the attached output word doc..

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your reply.   For example If I upgrade my ost plugin version 2.7 to 3.1 ( as per EMC) on all three media servers. Do I need to reconfigure with below command again? I hope i dont need to do anything on the master server side. Please advise.

nbdevconfig -creatests -st 9 -stype DataDomain -storage_server ******* -media_server ********

cd /usr/openv/volmgr/bin

tpconfig -add -storage_server pbcoscdd95 -stype DataDomain -sts_user_id ******-password *******

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You do not need to rerun initial config.
NBU services must be restarted after installing updated plugin.

I would personally suspend/stop all activity on the media server and stop NBU services before updating the plugin.