cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2074 Errors

RCBrown_DKH
Level 4

About 2 weeks ago I migrated my storage from old hardware to new hardware.  To the NetBackup server nothing has changed, all the drives are the same.  For some reason i am getting a ton of 2074 errors since the migration.  Any ideas why this would be happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you had a look at http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH70827 ?

Something else that may help if issue is caused by load:

Create DPS_PROXYDEFAULTRECVTMO (no extention) on master and media server under ...\netbackup\db\config and add value of 800 in the file.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Will_Restore
Level 6

per the Symantec NetBackup™ Status Codes Reference Guide

Recommended Action: You may be able to see why the disk volume was put into
a DOWN state by running bperror -disk. Correct the problem, and use
nbdevconfig to return the disk volume to an UP state.

have you tried that?

RCBrown_DKH
Level 4

I have not tried this.  Looking at the bperror -disk i noticed these two lines reoccur a lot.

1382393381 1 33280 8 puck2 0 0 0 *NULL* nbemm Volume HappyDayz:PureDiskVolume monitored by puck2 is down 
1382393382 1 33280 8 puck2 0 0 0 *NULL* nbemm Volume puck1:HappyDayz:PureDiskVolume marked down

rajkumar3314
Level 3
Certified

From the error We could see puredisk volume is down. Change the puredisk status as UP using the below command and try to run the backup

Under admincmd

nbdevconfig -changestate -stype PureDisk -dp Disk_Pool_name -state UP

After changing the status check the current status using the below command

Under admincmd

nbdevquery -listdv -stype PureDisk –U

RCBrown_DKH
Level 4

Awesome, thank you.  I will try this and let you know.

Marianne
Level 6

Please tell us more about where puck1 and puck2 fit into the picture and how the disk volumes are configured.

If emm on master has problems communicating with media server, the disk volume will be marked down.

See http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH70827

RCBrown_DKH
Level 4

Before i tried this i did check and the disk was in an 'UP' state, but i ran the command anyways.  Last night, same thing...2074 errors all over the place.  For giggles i am going to stagger the times of my backups just to see if it is a "too much data" at one time issue.

RCBrown_DKH
Level 4

Puck1 is the master server and Puck2 is the media server.  Puck2 has an 11TB SAN attached drive.  The PureDisk Volume 'HappyDayz' is connected to Puck2. 

Marianne
Level 6

Have you had a look at http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH70827 ?

Something else that may help if issue is caused by load:

Create DPS_PROXYDEFAULTRECVTMO (no extention) on master and media server under ...\netbackup\db\config and add value of 800 in the file.

RCBrown_DKH
Level 4

Thank you Marianne. Staggering my backups and your solution helped.