Did you mean: 

238 error adding virtual machine to policy

randes2000
Level 4

All servers and clients at Netbackup version 7.5.0.6

Master - Solaris 10 (SPARC)

Media server (for VMWare backups) - Windows 2008 R2

Backup policy using VMWare

When attempting to add a new virtual machine client either by entering the VM display name or by Browse for Virtual Machines, I get the following error:

"the database contains conflicting or erroneous entries(238).

This policy already has three clients and they are backing up without errors.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Just refresh "all policies" in the GUI and re-try the operation.

The "the database contains conflicting or erroneous entries" simply mean Netbackup think the policy changed while you where editing it. If error persist quit the GUI and start a new one.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi,

Looks like some database corruption or any database missmatch.

Please, create the bpdbm logs in the master server and create the debug logs using Netbackup Database Manager Service for your Media server.

Thanks

randes2000
Level 4

On the master, I am only at verbose 0 for logs and the bpdbm log does not have much usefull info at the time of my attempt.  I am not familiar with the Netbackup Database Manager Service for creating debug logs.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Just refresh "all policies" in the GUI and re-try the operation.

The "the database contains conflicting or erroneous entries" simply mean Netbackup think the policy changed while you where editing it. If error persist quit the GUI and start a new one.

randes2000
Level 4

Increased verbosity to 5 for bpdbm on master and attempted to add new VM client.  bpdbm log produced much more detailed info (obviously a lot of database activity), but nothing that I can see as an error.

This system is on my high side, so I can't post any log entries.  I can retype some info.

randes2000
Level 4

Damned Nicolai that did it!  Client added.