cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(25) cannot connect on socket

Igselva
Level 3

Hi Marianne

I need a help.Yesterday we have restarted our exange server .After that backup not happened .We have DAG and Active copy backup is configured.

When I try to connect the client in Host properties .I am getting error (25) cannot connect on socket.I am able to telnet the client from Master & vise verrsa.

/18/2014 9:23:27 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=146308) Cannot connect to abc.com        
7/18/2014 9:23:27 AM - Info (pid=0) done. status: 58: can't connect to client     

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Check if the reboot maybe enabled Windows firewall on Exch server. Disable Windows Firewall.

If that is not the problem, ensure bpcd log folder exists on Exch server and try to connect again. Is anything logged in bpcd?

Another thought - did Exchange maybe failover to other node when this server was rebooted?

If that is the case, do the same tests on the new active node. 
Check that Windows Firewall is turned off and that node can resolve master/media server's IP address to hostname that exists in Server list.

Walker_Yang1
Level 5
Employee
hi, Igselva When having troubles in connecting to nbu client from Host Properties, usually we could follow the following methods to troubleshoot, for your reference. 1. Check Windows Firewall is turned off, or make sure the relevant nbu ports is not blocked. 2. Check forward and reverse lookup works fine between master/media/client. 3. Using "bpclntcmd" command to verify name resolution for nbu systems. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH27430 4. Using "bptestbpcd" command to test client connections. Please create bpcd log folder on the client under /usr/openv/netbackup/logs Run bptestbpcd again on master: bptestbpcd -client -debug -verbose http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO43696 5. If any changes to hostname/IP/DNS, using the following command to clear cache. bpclntcmd -clear_host_cache Thanks

Igselva
Level 3

Hi All

Thanks for the guidence 

After restaring the active node,backup completed successfully.

Marianne

We still don't know if the issue was with the 'current' active node or if the cluster failed over to the 2nd node and comms issue was then experienced with the 'new' active node (previously passive node).

It is strange that a restart/reboot caused the issue but then also solved the issue after node was booted again?

Igselva
Level 3

I have mounted all the database in other mail box server and restarted the server.After server restart I have mounted all the db's back to this server and initiated backup .

Backup completed .

Marianne

Mounting the databases on another node is a workaround.

You need to fix the comms issue with the node that is failing.